I’m so excited to announce that I have been nominated for the 2017 Liebster Award! I am honored and completely blown away to have been nominated by Jocelyn, the writer of East Coast Westerners.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster is an award given to new bloggers who show promise in their work. In my case, I found new blogs about life and travel. It’s a way to build community and learn more about growing blogs like your own. Speaking for myself, as I was researching other new blogs to nominate, I found a few that I LOVE and will definitely keep up with in the future. And hopefully, those of you I have nominated will find some blogs that you enjoy also, when writing your own nomination post. So read on to learn a more about me and my hope for this blog, as well as meet other bloggers like me!
East Coast Westerners is a blog about a family picking up and moving from Idaho to the east coast. As they settle their roots in South Carolina, their posts explore new adventures in and around their new home. You can also find their bucket list of items they’re working to cross off, which you very well should know I enjoy to the highest amount! Find their blog and follow their journey HERE! Thanks again for the nomination and for your kind words, Jocelyn.
My Favorite Blog
My favorite blog is https://bucketlistjourney.net/, and you can probably see why! Annette is the creator of this blog, writing about her travel adventures around the world. She has been over-the-top successful with this blog, as well as going even further to create a book titled Bucket List Adventures. On top of these two publications, she also owns her own restaurant with her husband! You can definitely call her Super Woman. Her blog is my inspiration, because I think it is so important you don’t let any moments pass you by. You only have one life to live, and as Annette says:
I hope in some way you will be inspired to create you dream life, by picturing your ideal future and then taking the steps necessary to go out there and get it.
What if God decided tomorrow is going to be your final day on Earth. How would you spend it? What would you do? On the bucketlistjourney blog, Annette goes further than just crossing things off of one specific bucket list. She has multiple, such as “20 Best Things to do in Florence” or “15 Things You Can Check Off Your Bucket List Today.” No matter what kind of adventure you’re in the mood for, she more than likely has crossed it off of her bucket list and has tips for when you do the same. I encourage you to check it out, subscribe, and let me know how I’m doing by comparison 😉 Except jk don’t really because I’m far far away from her success!
A Little About Me
As part of the nomination, I was asked to answer ten random facts about myself. And for those of you who don’t know me as well, allow me to introduce myself:
- I was born and raised in Paducah, KY. A small town far west in the state of Kentucky, otherwise known as the quilt capital of the US.
- I now live in southern Kentucky, only 45 minutes from Nashville, TN. But you will never, ever catch me saying “ya’ll”.
- Traveling is my favorite thing the world! If I could go somewhere new every month, that would be the dream. I also have quite the fascination with travel-themed home decor, jewelry, etc.
- As of September 2nd, 2017, Curtis Napier put a SECOND ring on my finger, officially giving me the title of “wifey.”
- Going back to the last fact, I lived in New York one summer during college for an internship. Curtis came to visit the final three days I was there, and put the first ring on my finger in the middle of Times Square. An absolute DREAM!
- I would rather pet an alligator than listen to country music. Born in the south, but city girl at heart.
- Sugar is the most important meal of my day.
- I drink coffee because it’s “cool” rather than because I actually like it. And I have no shame, because coffee is often times what makes a photo look double the artsy.
- I talk about celebrities like we’re BFF’s, sometimes exclaiming “Kim! What are you DOING?!” or “YES Beyonce you look great girl keep it up.”
- I started this blog to document my life and travels, while also encouraging others to step out of their comfort zone. I want to emphasize finding joy in the smallest tasks, and everyday working to discover more about who you are as a person. Hopefully you find that as you read through my posts, and as I continue this blog!
My Nomination Questions:
- Have you ever visited a place just because you saw it in a book/series/animation/movie? What was that place?
- I have, and I have plenty more on my bucket list I plan to visit eventually! When I was in London, I wanted to visit Hugh Grant’s blue door and Portobello Market as seen on the movie Notting Hill. My main goal was to buy a book in the travel bookshop where Hugh Grant’s character worked, but the bookshop was not a bookshop any longer.
- If you can take someone with you in your travels, who would it be?
- Always my husband. He’s always up for the next adventure with me, whether that be down the road to Nashville, TN or across the world to Europe.
- When do you find time to blog?
- Honestly, any time I find time! Between working two jobs, it’s a little difficult. But I make it work!
- What is the city in the USA you would most like to visit and why?
- LA! I’m a city girl and have never been, so I would love to experience it.
- If you could only take one more trip, where would you go?
- Easy, New York City. Half of my heart beats in this city. I haven’t been in a little more than a year, and I’m already aching to go back, if only for a weekend.
- Which is your favorite holiday and why?
- Christmas! It’s such a magical time of year. Christmas lights are hung everywhere you look, roasted pecans smell up the hallways in the mall while Christmas shopping, and family comes together to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- Europe. I’m leaving it vague because I want to visit and see so much there. The mountains in Switzerland, history in Rome, the Eiffel Tower in Paris, etc.
- Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- Mayo no doubt
- What is your favorite vacation you have taken – to where and why is it so memorable?
- I traveled to Bellingham, WA with two college friends several years ago. We went to visit another friend who grew up there, so we got to experience all of the local things a few weeks before Christmas. It was my first time to the west coast, and one of the most beautiful places I had ever experienced.
- What is your favorite book?
- Anything by Karen Kingsbury. She hits me in the feels every time I read her books, plus her books love Jesus which I always love.
- What is that one post made by you that you like the most, and why?
- Crossing off Work in New York City from my bucket list. I think I like it so much because the experience was absolutely once in a lifetime, and it was a dream come true for me. Ever since I was a little girl I had always said I wanted to live in the big city, so actually saying I have done it proves to myself that I can accomplish anything I set my mind to. And I want that to be a testimony to anyone who reads my blog or knows me.
My Nominees – New Blogs About Life and Travel
- Yourstrulymckay – Mckay – I love this blog because of how raw some posts are, while others are light-hearted and make you giggle. You can truly see her personality shine through her posts. They are an encouragement to everyone, proving that we don’t all have to have our lives together.
- Travelingmrs – Addie – With a serious passion for travel, Addie does a great job of inspiring others to do the same. Her blog gives you tips and tricks of how to travel despite life’s current circumstances. She even goes as far as sleeping in her car through one road trip, which I personally think is awesome. Everyone always looked at me like I was crazy when I used to mention doing the same to save money, so I applaud you, girl. That is just one blog post of many that prove her love for travel, so make sure you check out her blog!
- Sharethetravelbug – Jenny, Cameron, Paige – This blog is centered around experiencing God’s creation no matter where you choose to travel. Being a full-time nurse, a full-time mother, and a part-time student, Jenny still finds time to travel and blog about her experiences. You’ll find money tips, healthful habits, promoting local businesses, and many other focuses centered around travel when reading her posts!
- Boehmelikepoem – Taylor – Stationed in the Pacific Northwest, Taylor blogs about travel, family activities, date night ideas, and more. With a one year old, she explores new mommy-hood travels and how to do it with ease. Follow her on her journey’s by jumping over to her blog!
- Agapeless – Gurvinder – “Agape love is another name for True Love.” This blog is about how traveling allows us to connect with God and His creation surrounding us. Through travel and photography, we learn to fall in love. I love the meaning behind these posts, and encourage everyone to experience it as well on the agapeless blog!
- Abloomingdaisy – Aleah – As a new blogger, Aleah posts about life as she is going through college. She’s figuring out who she wants to be, and loving life and Jesus in the meantime. Keep up with her experiences on her blog, A Blooming Daisy.
For everyone nominated, make sure you go to The Global Aussie’s website for the official rules and guidelines, or you can find them at the bottom of this post. Then come back here and answer the nomination questions I have for you below.
Questions For The Blogs I Nominate
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your favorite blog post that you have written, and why?
- Would you rather have a relaxing vacation on the beach, or an adventurous vacation hiking in the mountains?
- Poptarts or Toaster Strudels?
- If you had to choose one meal to eat everyday for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Where do you hope to go on your next trip?
- What is one item on your bucket list you are most excited about accomplishing?
- Where is your happy place?
- What is the best memory you have traveling?
So, these are the guidelines for the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!
List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine (Jack Henry) if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!) Post a comment in the comment section (on the website https://theglobalaussie.com/blog/liebster-award-2017/ ) so I (Jack Henry) can view your post and check out your blog. I (Jack Henry) personally visit each and everyone. I (Jack Henry) visited a few hundred last year!